Marapets


Wednesday 9 November 2016

Positive Vibes Today.

The past week or so has brought immense change to my life, both good and bad. I've had to put a lot in to perspective and it has really altered my outlook.

I don't particularly want to lecture anyone on that today, though. I just want to share a few short words of wisdom.

Kindness is not weakness. Don't retaliate if someone does you wrong. It solves nothing and only begins a points war that can never be won. At the same time, don't think that just because you don't retaliate that you are being weak or stepped on. It takes a much stronger person to turn the other cheek.
Kindness is what the world needs. It can be difficult - so incredibly difficult - on those days when nothing goes your way. When the bad news keeps coming. So I ask you, as an individual, even if you are having a bad day, please reach out and do just one act of kindness. Even a smile as someone passes you by. Because happiness can be infectious. And kind acts are felt in the heart, even if the face is too stubborn to show it.

All across the world, things may seem bleak. Brexit in the UK and the Presidential Election in the USA are already tearing nations apart. Men against men. Us against them. The world needs more happiness.

A fat squirrel to make you smile.
I've started creating Positive Vibe notes that I've been leaving around my local area for people to stumble upon. I've written things I'd want to hear on them to cheer people up. To brighten someone's day. It's not hard to make another person smile. Tiny acts of kindness can go such a long way.

Why am I telling you this? I really don't know. Like I said, my life has changed recently and without the support of myself, and a few random acts of kindness from strangers, I wouldn't have been able to get to where I am. Where I'm happy. Where, although it hurts, in the end I know it will be alright. This is a pay-it-forward, if you will. Please be kind. To those you know and those you don't. Because one act could give someone the strength they need to rebuild themselves and grow.

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ~ Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

No comments:

Post a Comment